After reintroducing oats, I wanted to add a tart flavour to the porridge for breakfast. Rhubard has such a refreshing taste. Having it for breakfast it helps to start your day fresh.
for the sauce:
- 2 rhubarbs peeled and cut in 3 cm slices
- 2 tbsp honey ginger
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
for the porridge:
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 dl water
- 1 dl coconut milk
- 1tbsp coconut crystals
- Throw the oats to the pan
- Add the water and coconut milk
- Stir while cooking on a low heat
- Add some more coconut milk for favoured consistency
- Sprinkle with the coconut crystals
- Throw rhubarb and honey ginger to a pan.
- Add the water and maple syrup
- Let it sizzle for 20 minutes until reduced.
- Pour on the porridge an enjoy!